September 29, 2015

FOR THE LOVE OF BOOKS: reading space


I have always loved scrolling through Tumblr and watch pictures that showed books, people reading, different reading spaces. By reading spaces I mean cozy beds, cute armchair or even outdoor spaces where you take a blanket and you put it under the tree. It's always been an addiction of mine. All this time that I discovered these amazing and appealing places, I would always save the picture and look at it later when I go to bed or when I have nothing to do. I have never though of my reading space. I remember loving reading already when I was little. I would go to the library with my mom and my sister and I was left at the kids section and I picked out so many books and that was before I knew how to read good. I was so happy about it because I got to hold them and read them in the evening or to my dolls-even if I made up the story in the book. I felt content with myself and somehow I was at peace. It was like my own little peace of the world and I knew I wouldn't be disturbed. As I started growing up my passion for books didn't vanish and we still went to the library and I still remember the day when I started reading books that had zero pictures in it and were more than 50 pages long. All this happened in a quite small library in our town and a few years later we got a new, bigger library and you can imagine that I felt like a kid at the candy store. So many books to choose from and so my journey continued.

Reading space is by far the most important thing for me when I want to read a book. I cannot read somewhere where I don't feel relaxed and comfortable. My perfect reading space would definitely have to be cozy-filled with blankets and cushions. I love to use blankets to make the place look warm and inviting. A book on its own is already amazing but I love to make the whole experience even better. That's why I love having the perfect reading space. Of course I can read on the train or when I'm waiting for an appointment at the dentist but it's not the same. When I read on my bed and I'm sorrounded with cushions that is simple perfection. I love being 100% devoted to reading a book and I know it was all worth it because it gave me such a pleasure and I read the book with an ease. One other thing that I love to have in connection with a reading space is a good old tea or a cocoa. Hot beverage is something that makes me concentrate on reading so it's very welcoming when I have it (and I'm not to lazy to make it). The lighting is also one of the most important things for when I'm reading. Though I have to admit that when I'm into the book I don't even realize that it's dark and so my eyes struggle and that's not good for the eyes.

For me, a book is really one of the best things in the world. Reading has always been a part of my life and I'm really glad my mom always took me to the library with her. I had an opportunity to explore so many different worlds and today is no difference. I still discover something new. I still enjoy every time I read something new. I never get tired of it and I hope my passion for books will stay. At the moment I'm obsessed with dystopian novels and fantasy. And this minute I'm reading Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You make my day by leaving a comment.